Friday 7 August 2015

Does the world need another blog?

It's 1.34 am and instead of sleeping peacefully like all other normal human beings, I am struggling with blogger.com, trying to understand how to create and arrange tabs...and to what end? Who sent me on this journey? What am I trying to achieve? If the statistics are anything to go by, the odds are against my blogging! But I guess I'm just that kind of fool. Ala, wise men say, only fools rush in...

What's my motivation? The past, present and future. PAST-I've made too many errors, suffered too much pain and failures not to share, I want to save as many as possible! PRESENT-I'm amazed at the opportunities that abound and how much further ahead people would be if they just had a little more info about things some take for granted- stuff like job opportunities, scholarships, free yet enlightening events and more...In the FUTURE I want to look back and smile. Meet people who say: "You don't know me but reading your blog made me....showed me...taught me...informed me... Thank you for the great work you do!"

Why the title Africamyafrika? David Diop's poem stuck in my heart, even though I first read it over 20 years ago and it resonates with my overriding desire for the continent- to see true development and peace. It is the one poem that evokes a sense of purpose to the seeming purposelessness of the evil one often hears of Africa. A sense of pride where there ordinarily would be shame- Indeed, today I feel like:

                                      that tree young and strong
                                      That tree over there 
                                      In splendid loneliness amidst white and faded flowers
                                      That is Africa your Africa springing up anew 
                                      Springing up patiently obstinately 
                                      Whose fruits bit by bit acquire
                                      The bitter taste of liberty

As a newbie blogger just for fun, I thought it would help if I set some clear publicly shared (and private) goals for the next 90 days, I promise to share the private goals at the expiration of 90 days(watch that space!)

1. Get at least 100,000 views
2. Review at least 10 books
3. Create at least 80 quality posts
4. Become an expert blogger
5. Interview at least 10 interesting people


http://africamyafrika.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment